Becoming a home or online tutor in Singapore provides you with beneficial listening, interpersonal, and communication skills. Being a tutor means you must explain each concept in different ways so that your student will understand clearly. Tutoring allows you to improve your communication skills as you need to explain the most complex topic in a simple and clear language.
Being a tutor in Singapore is not far different from any tutors in many parts of the world. For Singaporean tutors, helping out their students to grow and learn is the most satisfying and fulfilling things they can achieve and do. With the advanced system of education in Singapore, many parents are looking for online tutors to provide services during vacations or after classes in regular schools.
Being a tutor does not necessarily mean you need to be a teacher or achieved any related courses. Making a positive first impression is great and being successful in your trial class is the first thing you need to accomplish.
Here are some tips on how you can achieve it:
- Start by introducing yourself briefly and explain your tutoring style to your students as well as their parents. Greeting them with a smile on your face and making eye contact whenever you are talking to them is a great way to relax both of yourselves and set a more pleasant environment.
- Don’t forget about your appearance. Make yourself look presentable at all times by looking neat, organized, and dressing up accordingly.
- Make a checklist of the tasks you will do in your trial class and stay focused so that it will be a productive and successful session. Remember that being focused during your trial class will help parents determine if you are the right fit for this position and their tuition qualification. Take note that Singaporean parents are meticulous and strict when choosing a tutor for their children.
- Before taking your trial class, prepare thoroughly all the topics or subjects you need to teach. Additionally, you need to prepare yourself for possible questions that your student or even parents might ask.
- Ensure that your student is comfortable with your presence and trust you by maintaining a body language positively. You need to conduct a positive attitude so that parents, as well as the student, will consider you to be the right tutor.
Once you are already successful in your trial class and have gained credibility online, why not take tutoring to the next level? Apply on a trusted platform that accepts online tutors or instructors in Singapore like Cudy. It offers live-streamed virtual classes in different subjects and exclusively for Singaporean students. Find out more about how Cudy can help each student in Singapore by visiting www.cudy.co!